Dr Manuel de la Rosa-Garza graduated from the University of Nuevo León Dental School in Monterrey on 1992. He further accomplished a Master´s degree on Periodontics at the University of Texas Dental Branch-Houston. Afterwards he completed a Fellowship in Oral Implantology at the University of Texas-Houston on 1996. He participated as a Professor of Periodontics undergrad at the University of Texas Dental Branch at Houston from 1994 to 1996. After completing this programs he returned to Monterrey and started a position as Adjuntive Professor of Periodontics and created the department of Implantology at the University of Nuevo León. He maintained the Chairman of Implantology position at the University from 1998 to 2008. He created the private CE group GESPO, which is devoted to perform continuing education on periodontics and implantology nationally and internationally. He has coordinated several continuing education courses on periodontics and implantology both in Mexico and Spain. He has been a clinical advisor for several implant companies such as: 3i, Biohorizons, Zimmer Dental, and Straumann. He maintains a private practice devoted to Periodontics and Implantology from 1998 up to date. He is part of a group practice formed by a prosthodontist, an Orthodotist and himself. In his private practice they perform the multidisciplinary dental approach treatment. Visiting professor of the University of Monterrey and the Universidad Autónoma of Yucatan.
He has written numerous articles and research papers of prestigious journals internationally. He has participated as a guest speaker in several countries throughout Europe, North America, Central and South America, and The Caribbean.
He is the only Mexican Periodontist member of the editoreal boards of the Journal of the American Academy of Periodontology and the Journal of Implant and Advanced Clinical Dentistry. He is currently the president of the Northeast Society of Periodontics in Mexico. Former secretary of the Mexican Academy of Periodontics 2004-2008.
He speaks and writes fluent Spanish and English.
Married to Ivett Abarca, has 3 children Dania 7 years old, David 6 years old, and Iker with 6 months of age.
Address: Calzada San Pedro #1000-3 Col Fuentes del Valle San Pedro Garza García, NL México 66220 Phones: (81) 8401-8119 and 8401-8120 Web page : www.drsdelarosa.com email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
1. Caffesse R, De la Rosa-R M, De la Rosa-G M, and Weltman R.: Effect of interleukin-1 gene polymorphism in a periodontally healthy Hispanic population treated with mucogingival surgery. J Clin Periodontol 2002;29:177-181.
2. Caffesse R, De la Rosa-R M, De la Rosa-G M and Mota L: Prevalence of interleukin 1 periodontal genotype in a Hispanic dental population. Quintessence Int 2002;33:190-194.
3. Caffesse R, De la Rosa-R M, De la Rosa-G M: Interleukin-1 gene polymorphism in a well maintained periodontal patient population. Braz J Oral Sct. April/June 2002, Vol 1 Number 1.
4. Pérez M, Rodriguez H, De la Rosa-G M, Crubille P: Alargamiento de corona clínica en sonrisa gingival. SEPES 2007:22.
5. De la Rosa-G M : Implantología desde el punto de vista periodontal. Avance Dental Marzo-Abril 1999: 30-33.
6. De la Rosa-G M, De la Rosa-R M, Cepeda JA, Navarrete G: Uso del rayo laser en periodoncia. Odontología Actual Nov 2004: 28-31.
7. De la Rosa-G M, Cepeda JA : Regeneración ósea guiada de cara al año 2000. Consideraciones clínicas y biológicas. Revista ADM Julio-Agos 2004, 147-153.
8. Kohal R, De la Rosa-G M, Patrick D, Hurzeler M, Caffesse R: Clinical and histologic evaluation of submerged and non-submerged hydrohyapatite-coated implants: A preliminary study in dogs. Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants 1999:14:824-834.
9. De la Rosa-G M, Martínez H : Implantología desde el punto de vista periodontal. Que podemos esperar de la respuesta tisular. Biocentífica Implantológica. Agosto 2002.
10. Rodriguez H, Perez M, De la Rosa-G M, Crubille P. Implantes sin colgajo: la técnica del punch. SEPES 2008:22-24.
11. De la Rosa-G M, De la Rosa M: The dilemma of extract or maintain in the perio-ortho scenario: A case report. Journal of Implant and advance clinical dentistry. Sept 2010;Vol 2:Num 7: 75.